The Carroll County Equestrian Council has been active since 1984 to assure that the equestrian community’s voice is heard. The following list of accomplishments show that we CAN make a difference!
• Carroll County Tack – 10% off merchandise, excluding saddles
Membership is open to any person or organization with a desire to further and promote equine recreation and education in Carroll County, Maryland.
Annual membership fee is $15.00. This includes monthly mailings of Council meeting minutes and program information.
The Carroll County Equestrian Council is strictly a volunteer organization that works in cooperation with the Carroll County Recreation and Parks.
The Council meets each month on the first Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Carroll County Government Office Building, Room 003-004, 225 North Center Street, Westminster, Maryland. All regular Council meetings are open to the public and are publicized through the local media.
The Carroll County Equestrian Council needs enthusiastic volunteers to help improve the Equestrian Center and Carroll County public riding trails. If you
want to make a difference, join the Carroll County Equestrian Council and attend the events on the Calendar. For additional information please call the Department of Recreation and Parks, 410-386-2103 or 1-888-302-8978.
Please download application: Click Here
• Hosted 30th Anniversary Fun Day on 09/21/14
• Hosted 25th Anniversary Celebration on 07/11/09
• Developed Girl Scouts USA program for Horse Lovers Badge
and Horse Rider Badge in 2008
• Awarded DOT/SHA/RTF grant for full size tractor and mower in 2003
• Awarded DOT/SHA/RTF grant for compact tractor/mower/Handozer in 2009
• Developed Carroll County Equestrian Master Plan.
• Developed plans for Equestrian Center.
• Opened first equestrian trails at Union Mills Watershed area.
• Developed equestrian trails in Gillis Falls.
• Watershed area Supported efforts to retain jousting as state sport.
• Participated regularly in a variety of community and county special events.
• Completed Self-Help Projects for various projects and Locations.
• Developed comprehensive maps of Piney Run, Gillis Falls, Union Mills, and Morgan Run N.E.A. trail system.
• Perform regular trail maintenance.
• Sponsor educational seminars that relate to equine recreation and multiuse trails.
• Publish and distribute a periodic calendar of upcoming events.
• Sponsor guided trail rides.
• Sponsor events at Equestrian Center.
• Selected as one of 10 winners nationwide in the 1993 National Trails Day/Trails for Tomorrow Contest.
• Instrumental in efforts proclaiming National Trails Day as Maryland Trails Day.
• Group nominated for Maryland’s Most Beautiful Person Award, 1993.